I am still under the weather, battling a sinus infection since December 30. I have had two cycles of antibiotics, am beginning my third steroid taper and have used nearly all my sick days at work.
Unfortunately, this usually happens to me once a year. These infections trigger my asthma and puts me in danger, should I come into contact with the flu.
Because my Methotrexate and Remicade help me by lowering my immune response, thereby making it less easy for my body to attack itself, it is necessary to wait until I am well before continuing these therapies. I have rescheduled the same Remicade infusion four times. My usual dosing schedule is every six to eight weeks. I am currently 10 weeks from my last infusion, with the next scheduled two weeks from now. I am taking the risk that I may need to have my doses ramped up, again, but there is no other way.
I am grateful that the steroids are helping with my psoriatic arthritis, in the meantime, but sure miss feeling like my old self. Stay well!