It's official. I've got the Winter Blues. I don't feel blue every winter. This just happens to be the collision of: (a) persistent illness (since before winter began) with no break in symptoms, (b) catching the 24-hour stomach bug at work, (c) a psoriatic arthritis flare in my right knee due to a 12-week gap between Remicade infusions and (d) PMS (yes, I said it).
Yesterday I could not take being cooped up sick another day. I had been resting since Friday, so I took a walk to buy cat food and pat the cats up for adoption. The sunlight (okay, it was overcast and grey) did some good, but not enough.
I went online to search for tips and tricks to banish the winter blues and may try some of these others:
1. Spend time with a friend or loved one;
2. Consider supplements (check with your doctor for drug interactions);
4. Make your environment brighter, either by adding light or brightening the colors around you;
5. Nourish your body properly, eating less junk and comfort foods;
6. Help others, perhaps volunteering; &
7. Try mind-body therapies like massage or accupuncture.