Thank Heaven for AMC and "The Walking Dead"! Every Sunday during its season, I feel less and less alone. Why?
Top Ten Reasons Why Psoriatic Arthritis e-Health Activists
Will Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
10. Most autoimmune patients have loads of food allergies. We already survive on nuts, greens and twigs. We won't be out looking for saltines and giant cans of chocolate pudding becasue we are allergic to them. Like my husband says: "I'll eat the pizza, you can eat the cardboard box";
9. As e-health activists, we are ahead of our game, paving the way, instead of following the crowd. Ingenuity is a terrific survival skill;
8. As victims of crippling fatigue, we are used to skipping a shower once in a while;
7. Because we have a tendency to suffer painsomnia, we are cool with hunting at night;
6. Unlimited stores of Prednisone and Methotrexate in abandoned pharmacies will keep us going for a long time. None of the other living humans will want these;
5. Due to a less plentiful supply of processed foods, we will be grateful to finally lose weight on Prednisone;
4. Our psoriasis, flakes, plaques and lesions provide good camouflage amongst zombies;
3. After a night or two without sleep due to painsomina, we can be as inarticulate as the zombies, blending right in;
2. Our popping, cracking joints, coupled with our hyperflexible tendons many times have us shuffling and tripping along like zombies; and
1. After compiling this list, I realize Psoriatic Arthritis e-Health Activists arethe Walking Dead and we are already surviving!
These are my people!
Search #HAWMC on Twitter to read what other e-health activists chose to write about today. Until tomorrow.