Good morning! This week, my husband and I enjoyed a visit from my stepdaughter, our son-in-law and grandson. To save spoons (and vacation days), I worked during the week while my husband took vacation to show them all around New York City. Sunday, however, was Ladies' Day for my stepdaughter and I. She is expecting our granddaughter in July and after running all over Manhattan after a two year-old, I thought she could use a break.
Tea at The Palm Court in the Plaza Hotel is a wonderful way to shrug off all the hustle and bustle. But first, we went shopping for my granddaughter in the Eloise store (and for me).
You can see the reflection of the gorgeous ceiling in our table top. Here is a closer look:
We enjoyed chamomile, pink lemonade, warm gluten free scones with clotted cream, lemon curd and raspberry jam, finger sandwiches, macarons and other delicious desserts! Honestly, we could have shared one tray, they fed us so well!
Just looking at this photo makes me want to head right back! Afterward, we enjoyed a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park.
Here are my spoonie tips for ladies' day in New York City:
1. Indicate your need gluten free selections when you make your reservation;
2. Ride the train as far as you can and request the handicapped seat;
3. Use the elevator where available;
4. Order yourself a nice black car service to drive you the rest of the way to the Plaza;
5. Take your time at tea, you deserve it; &
6. Always take a carriage ride through Central Park. The walk may be good for you, but you will see more without running yourself ragged if you ride.